VR FlightSim
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
PatrHasle

Force Feedback Yoke V1 with increased power Empty Force Feedback Yoke V1 with increased power

Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:21 pm
Hi there Jay

First I would like to thank you very much for the great effort you're putting into this project!

I've got one question regarding your post from October 2017. You wrote that you've found an easy way to significantly increase the forces. I'm really keen on trying that with my build. I've stumbled over this hack here:

http://www.simprojects.nl/ms_siderwinder_ff2_hack.htm

Did you do something similar? And if so: Did you also use non-standard motors like they did?

Thank you very much for your response in advance and have a nice day!

Best regards

Patrik
tomzah
tomzah

Force Feedback Yoke V1 with increased power Empty Re: Force Feedback Yoke V1 with increased power

Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:30 pm
I just finished my build and did the 1 ohm resistor modification. The power increase is substantial.  

The specific modification you mentioned will not work with  the V1 design.  

The printed parts and the timing belts will not hold.  As a matter of fact just the simple mod I did caused problems.

If you are an expert at soldering SMD  components than by all means buy the resistors and do the simple mod.
The power increase actually starts to bend my yoke when pulling out of a death dive in the P51 Mustang in DCS.
I used 1ohm 1/8th watt wired resistors as they are easier for me to install
https://www.ebay.com/itm/20pcs-1-8W-1-8-watt-1-Metal-Film-Resistor-U-PICK-RESISTANCE-FAST-SHIPPING-USA/123076736473?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=423499818560&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Force Feedback Yoke V1 with increased power Img_4610
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://vrflightsim.wixsite.com/mysite

Force Feedback Yoke V1 with increased power Empty Re: Force Feedback Yoke V1 with increased power

Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:25 pm
Hey guys
Tomzah is absolutely right. It is NOT RECOMMENDED to mod your PCB in v1 unless you wanna be using ABS or other substantially stronger materials and even then, you can still encounter problems in full power areas. I also performed the "simple mod" on my yoke and as I already stated on the web, the design won't take it well.
It is one of the reasons I started v2 which is completely different in terms of power transmission so we can achieve much greater forces with no issues.

Jay
PatrHasle

Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:42 pm
Dear Tomzah (and also Jay)

Thank you very much for the response and the advice! And sorry for my slow response. Had a rough start of the year...

I will modify the design of the print parts a little bit and will also print with something like carbonfill in order to make it work. If that's not enough I also have a CNC router at my disposal... I will give you a feedback here once I'm done but it will take me some time...
I already have a Sidewinder FFB Stick with a Thrustmaster Warthog Stick built on top and I could use more power there as well because I have a much more leverage there than on the original Sidewinder had...

Very best regards

Patrik
tomzah
tomzah

Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:51 pm
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum