VR FlightSim
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
LordeVolde

Just stopping by Empty Just stopping by

Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:58 am
I've been looking at FFB yoke options for quite awhile now - and had been planning on building a yoke based on BFF's controllers but haven't really had a chance to give it a go yet. The high cost of having the parts he uses ships to the US brought the prices up into the $1200-1500 range pretty quick. I was trying to source comparable motors from a different supplier, but didn't have much luck. I have quite a bit of Arduino experience and when I saw your idea - using the Arduino for the interface with your own H bridge, I was certainly intrigued. Im curious if you've made any progress on a software to interface with the FS software. I personally run Xplane11 and am still trying to learn a bit about how I could develop a plugin to interface - just curious if you've already made some developments on this front. Also, if you have a Discord or similar setup, Id be happy to join and contribute what I can to the project.

Regards,
Nick
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://vrflightsim.wixsite.com/mysite

Just stopping by Empty Re: Just stopping by

Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:52 am
Hi Nick

Sorry for my late response, this time of year is not very easy;)  
I agree with you, BFF's solution offers very fine product at the end of the road, however getting there is rather pricey. The idea with Arduino is that the whole setup is recognized by windows as "generic FFB PID" so we can treat it same way as classic FFB joystick. X Plane for example will only need X-Force plugin and of you go..
Well, it's not that simple though. Programming Arduino to behave like FFB PID is quite challenging task but luckily I found few talented guys on DCS forum who are trying to achieve the same thing. To be honest I am more of the "hardware" guy and  0/1 part for my projects needs to be outsourced by the community. Long story short, not many news on that front so far.
I think we could really use some help here to kick-restart the shift: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=172964&page=34

Jay
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum