VR FlightSim
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
zswobbie1

Simulators Empty Simulators

Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:13 am
Thanks, Jay.
We have built 2x simulators at our virtual club at Ysterplaat Air Force base, Cape Town.
We have an Avro Shackleton sim, built on a trailor, using an actual canopy, seats, pedals, yoke & throttle quadrant, using a screen in front for the panel, & a projector for the scenery.
Then we have an Impala, as it is called in South Africa. This is an AeroMacci MB326, that our Air Force used as a trainer, a twin seater, built in an actual fuselage, actual controls, but using 2x screens at the rear for panel & scenery, a screen in the front for a panel, & a large screen perched on the nose for scenery.

We are actually using FS2004! Also with freeware scenery for South Africa, with the Shackleton Project plane, & a freeware MB326, tweaked.

We know we have done good, when we watch real pilots 'bump' in the seats, anticipating a touch down.
We have gone for immersion, as compared to realism.

Our next project at hand is a Harvard sim. We got given a 25 year old sim that was one of 3 purchased by the Air Force about 25-26 years ago. They were nick-named Tom, Dick & Harry. We have Tom!
It was made by an American company called 'Frasca'. Unfortunatly, we had to strip it down, as the hardware was too old to revive. We pulled all the gauges & will be putting in a screen behind the bulkhead. The onboard computer was unique to the sim, with plug in boards , wire wrapped. It was designed as a procedural sim & had a second PC for wireline graphics. We could never find this PC. It is built into a generic cockpit shell, also with real controls.

Anyhow, thanks for your quick reply.

Cheers,
Robin
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://vrflightsim.wixsite.com/mysite

Simulators Empty Re: Simulators

Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:23 pm
wow that sounds impressive Robin..
Do you maybe wanna share some pics in "Showcase your pit" section? Wink

Jay
eddieP99

Simulators Empty Jay VR Physical Setup

Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:31 am
Jay would you so kind to describe your physical setup. I get the yoke which I'm planning to build but I would like to know the rest of the components that I see in your video (brand, etc.) I want to have a setup that minimal physical components to flight VR. I already purchased the Oculus Rift. Thanks a bunch

Ed
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://vrflightsim.wixsite.com/mysite

Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:55 pm
eddieP99 wrote:Jay would you so kind to describe your physical setup.  I get the yoke which I'm planning to build but I would like to know the rest of the components that I see in your video (brand, etc.)  I want to have a setup that minimal physical components to flight VR.  I already purchased the Oculus Rift.  Thanks a bunch

Ed

Please refer to this link:
https://vrflightsim.wixsite.com/mysite/finished-stuff
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum