VR FlightSim
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
diogofcr123

Belt slip or too much friction Empty Belt slip or too much friction

Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:27 am
Hello,
I decided to do this project and after one month the parts finally arrived.
It works perfectly but I think the return to centre on the pitch was really weak and I decided to make the resistor modification. I did it successfully but when the force is too high the belt slips in the motor (in the roll and in pitch), when I lower the force through XPForce it doesn't slip anymore but the pitch seems weak to return to centre exactly or trim.
I also saw one person suggesting: "The belt thickness on the pitch axis is especially detrimental to eating up the available power and causing poor recentering.
I shaved as much rubber backing as I dared off the pitch belt and it made things much better." Should I try doing this?
I also saw another "I loosened a little bit the pitch belt and now the yoke is returning to center, of course it's a little bit weak ... but at this stage". But I am afraid if I loosen the belt more it will slip instead of achieving the desired

What do you recommend? Is it the belt supposed to slip, I thought not because from what I read from the mod is that it could break something not slip the belt. (the belt slips in the motor Pulley_HTD-3M-21T, not the roll pulley that has a zip tie)
Marek33

Belt slip or too much friction Empty Re: Belt slip or too much friction

Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:01 pm
I have it working properly. You have to buy (few and choose) proper belt. Set tension, it's compromise between tension and resistance of movement. Should work properly. I have modified electronics (resistors) and I use FS Force. I have XPForce but it is misunderstanding.

Mark

diogofcr123 likes this post

diogofcr123

Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:04 pm
Hey,
Thank you for the reply. I already got it working. Yeah it is a compromise between slip and friction.
I wanted to use FSForce but I am using X-Plane, there is no FSForce for Xplane right? Only XPForce.
Marek33

Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:09 pm
additionally you can move bottom roller to the left a little. It increase angle of contact between belt and teeth roller. Generally speaking yoke movement system in this axe is not good solution. Power is going to resistance of rolling system, but working.

diogofcr123 likes this post

diogofcr123

Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:59 pm
Thank you for the help! I think I have got it tuned good now Smile
Sponsored content