VR FlightSim
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
akstirling2

Sidewinder FF2 potentiometers ........... Empty Sidewinder FF2 potentiometers ...........

Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:13 pm
Hi ..... new to the forum ..... in the early stages of V1 build and puzzled by the statement in the instructions, that after dismantling the stick, i should have '3 loose potentiometers' ..... news to me, not that i'd know what one looks like if it punched me on the end of the nose .... anyone give me a clue what i should be looking for?? ..... while i'm at it could someone tell me what PSU and IR stand for????? ..... thanks in anticipation ..........
akstirling2

Sidewinder FF2 potentiometers ........... Empty Re: Sidewinder FF2 potentiometers ...........

Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:35 pm
Realized on re-reading my post it a little garbled ...... having dismantled the stick i basically had the various PCBs, 2 motors on brackets, the remnants of the handle with its wiring, but no 3 loose bits beyond these .... i'm lost for an explanation ..... does this mean the build is undo-able???
SergeyPe

Sidewinder FF2 potentiometers ........... Empty Re: Sidewinder FF2 potentiometers ...........

Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:47 am
PCU= Power Supply Unit. IR= Infra-Red. And a potentiometer is a small black rectangular part (two in the base, one in the handle) with a rotating shaft and three wires connected.
akstirling2

Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:07 pm
Thanks for the reply Sergey ...... have found the pots as described ...... next I need to remove the small black plastic cogs from the motor shafts ...... no obvious way to do that (unlike the big cogs, no spring clips). can you help??
SergeyPe

Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:52 am
Why would you need to remove them? In the instructions it's clearly shown that the cogs are kept on during all the manipulations with the motors/ brackets.
akstirling2

Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:03 am
My apologies .... misread on my part .................
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum