VR FlightSim
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Avidflyer

calibration of 3d printer Empty calibration of 3d printer

Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:41 pm
Hello,

I have an anycubic i3 mega 3d printer for 3 weeks. So far its running good the only thing is that i have problems with stringing and related to that the first layer wont stick and the print have to be redone. (retraction is on temperature 190 with pla). So I was wondering how to tweak the printer so that I have a difference in measurement near the technical inaccuracy. I fight with some vibrations which get from the printer to the table and let him vibrate too. I habe to kill that first.

any idea or recommendations?

regrads Christian

PS
Any project news?
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://vrflightsim.wixsite.com/mysite

calibration of 3d printer Empty Re: calibration of 3d printer

Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:33 pm
Hi there

well what strikes me first is the fact that your printer is fully opened and exposed to ambient air, which in my case caused many problems. I got rid of those installing pyrex glass into the openings however it's bit more complicated with the design of your printer..
Despite this, what kind of bed surface you use?
Also is the bed heated? If so what temp you running?

Jay
Avidflyer

Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:48 pm
Hello Jay,

I got the stringing problem under control by changinh the hotend. I must have hurt the hotend during using a side cutter to get grid of cold filament. My printer has an heated bed and I print with 60°C. I will capsule the printer by using the Ikea table hack.

regards Christian
waylander

Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:24 pm
Hi,

I'm using Tevo Tarantula, printing with PLA @195'C, no heat on the bed, and I have no issues with sticking the first layer to bed.

I use the default aluminium bed, covered with a layer of blue painting tape. I had problems at the beginning but tuning the Z-axis offset solved them all.

About the stringing - retraction of 5mm worked for me. Tried with lower values but the effect was not as good.

I use Kisslicer software btw.

Cheers!

Stefan
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum