VR FlightSim
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
RiftFlyer

Great project and question about MS ffb2 Empty Great project and question about MS ffb2

Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:10 pm
This is a fantastic project. I have a printer coming for Christmas and will be trying to print your version 1 Yoke. Can I ask did you do the resistor mod on the ffb2 electronics? It should double the force output!

Maybe it is not enough to achieve what you are looking for but I thought it may be worth trying before changing motors.
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://vrflightsim.wixsite.com/mysite

Great project and question about MS ffb2 Empty Re: Great project and question about MS ffb2

Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:46 am
RiftFlyer wrote:This is a fantastic project. I have a printer coming for Christmas and will be trying to print your version 1 Yoke. Can I ask did you do the resistor mod on the ffb2 electronics? It should double the force output!

Maybe it is not enough to achieve what you are looking for but I thought it may be worth trying before changing motors.

Hi
I didn't try this mod however I tested higher gear ratio to effectively triplicate output forces. Nevertheless this was too much for the current mechanics and the parts started to warp and bend under the load.
I ques the "easier" resistor mod which only doubles the forces, will be fine. I still have one spare msffb MOBO so I'm gonna give it a go and try it at some point.

Jay
RiftFlyer

Great project and question about MS ffb2 Empty Re: Great project and question about MS ffb2

Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:16 am
Thanks for your reply. I picked up a roll of polymaker PC plus polycarbonate for the parts. My ffb2 board already has the resistor mod installed. I’ll be sure to post how it works out once I have the printer up and running.
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://vrflightsim.wixsite.com/mysite

Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:10 pm
wow, I didn't hear about polycarbonate util now. Watched a video testing tensile strength of printing materials and this one is definitely strongest of them all.
Just be aware that it requires really high printing temps and it's not gonna be straight forward and simple material to begin with if you haven't done any printing beforehand.
Anyway fingers crossed for you, keep us posted.

Jay
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum